Should my pool be covered or sheltered when when I am heating it?
No, your pool does not have to be covered or sheltered, but it will mean that you use slightly more power to heat the water up. For this reason, an insulating cover is recommended when heating your pool.
Can I just leave my pool alone if I have a salt water chlorinator?
No. When using a salt water chlorinator, your pool is chlorinated automatically. The salt, as a result of electrolysis, is altered into sodium hypochlorite, which is a strong disinfectant. However, your pool certainly still needs to be maintained and kept balanced.
Why is my pool cleaner only running on the floor?
The suction of your pool cleaner is too low. Increase the setting and this should rectify the problem. If the problem persists, check that your filtration system is in good order and that there are no leaks. If you see bubbles coming out of your aimflow, or if the water level drops in your weir when you plug in your pool cleaner, you have a leak. Get in touch with us and we can help fix your leak in no time.
The Zodiac G6 is a reliable performer that’s suitable for most pools. A proven workhorse with a robust design, it is a highly efficient suction cleaner with great manoeuvrability.
You also don’t have to put up with the ‘clack, clack, clack’. The innovative diaphragm ensures whisper-quiet operation that won’t disturb the neighbours.
Come in store today and get your Zodiac G6.
We’ve got that Friday kind of feeling and we are ready for the weekend!
Is your pool prepared for the winter?
1. Set your timer to run for a shorter period.
2. Backwash and rinse your pool once a week.
3. Remove any dirt that has blown into the pool with a pool net
4. Cover your pool – this will prevent water evaporation
5. Maintain the chemical balance
Taking care of your swimming pool during the Winter will reduce the headache of having to get your pool back to its clean and healthy state ready for Summer.
Follow this checklist to maintain a perfect swimming pool this winter:
1. Clean out all debris and empty baskets regularly.
2. Continue to backwash on a weekly basis.
3. Monitor and maintain a good water level.
4. Monitor the chemistry levels of the water on a weekly basis.
5. Ensure chemicals are stored out of direct sunlight and other elements.
Even though we are not using our swimming pools, it’s important to maintain them during winter and keep leaves and dirt out the pool.
The Quality Heavy Duty Leaf Skimmer makes it super easy for you to clean your pool and keep it in top shape for Summer!